The Troy School District Food Service Department, which is contracted by the Sodexo Corporation, is gearing up to expand our Food Service Staff. We are seeking friendly people willing to fill various vacancies that are responsible for providing lunches to the students of the Troy School District. Depending on the school, the hours would primarily be during the middle of the day, and would range from 3 to 4 hours a day.
Responsibilities may include:
• Setting up appropriate stations with necessary food items and utensils in order to serve the meal.
• Serving and replenishes food from counters and steam tables, and breaks down stations at the end of the meal periods.
• Cleaning and sanitizing workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment.
• Filling necessary coolers, etc. for the next day.
• When serving, interacts in a friendly manner with the students and adults.
• Such alternatives to the above as appropriate to the position
• Applies basic skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
• Ability to effectively communicate and receive information in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
• Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 30 pounds or more
• Works under Kitchen Manager and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Reports to General Manager.
• High school diploma or GED, or equivalent preferred.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.