This is a part time school lunch worker.
Receive and inspect deliveries, check temperatures, check date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots, and store and rotate properly. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, returning
items to vendors, tracking rejected items, and communicate to appropriate management. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and serving areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures. Eliminate cross contamination by processing and handling raw
and ready-to-eat products separately. Ensure that coolers, freezers, bread drawers, and steamwells (e.g., gravy, soup) are set at the correct temperatures and labeled, and record equipment and food temperatures on HACCP chart. Set up workstations with all
necessary supplies. Break down all workstations. Organize cleaning chemicals and supplies and keep them separate from food products. Clean and sanitize floors, food stations, food equipment, and drains, and dust/wipe down walls, doors, lights, ceiling tiles,
vents, and trash cans.
Elicit and listen to feedback from customers, including customer surveys; maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager/supervisor; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow all company policies and procedures (e.g., safety and security, food handling); ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean and professional; protect the privacy and security of customers and coworkers; support workplace diversity initiatives.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality,
cleaning, and maintenance expectations and standards; work with customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Follow proper food handling procedures.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow company and department safety, security, and loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow all compliance programs (e.g., safety and fire, hazardous materials and waste program, emergency management program, utility management program, medical equipment management program, infection and control).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g., Quality Assurance, Safety, Operations, Human Resources).
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with customers with a professional and polite demeanor.
Working with Others
- Support all coworkers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Maintain clean and clutter-free work space, including public areas.
- Clean and maintain property and premises, ensuring all cleanliness standards are met.
General Food Services
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas and serving areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Follows all Sodexo safety requirements within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Date, label, and rotate all items according to company standards.
- Store food following company cooking and storage temperature guidelines.
- Eliminate cross contamination by processing and handling raw and ready-to-eat products separately.
- Ensure that coolers, freezers, bread drawers, and steamwells (e.g., gravy, soup) are set at the correct temperatures and labeled, and record equipment and food temperatures on HACCP chart.
- Notify management of maintenance repair issues.
- Report any employee, customer, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Security at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Assist own and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to customers.
- Organize cleaning chemicals and supplies and keep them separate from food products.
- Ensure that coffee makers, bread drawers, toasters, and/or steam tables are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
- Clean and sanitize floors, food equipment, and drains, and dust/wipe down walls, doors, lights, ceiling tiles, vents, and trash cans.
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of First In First Out (FIFO), and cleanliness, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Complete and maintain required departmental paperwork, such as throwaway record sheets, invoices, and assignment notices.
- Set up workstations with all necessary supplies.
- Complete opening duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensuring work area is clean and everything is in working order.
- Line up for opening with appropriate tools and equipment.
Steps of Service
- Respond to customer complaints regarding food or service.
- Break down all workstations, including cleaning and sanitizing stations and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily
- Greet customer at beginning of transaction.
- Verify cash drawer at beginning of shift.
- Keep storeroom neat at all times.
- Stock shelves/racks and rotates stock (if appropriate) to ensure freshness.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of store by sweeping, dusting, mopping, or vacuuming.
- Organize and clean shop during shift, removing all trash, cleaning/dusting work area and organizing all retail items.
- Identify damaged items, remove them from the floor, and notify manager/supervisor.
- Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner that encourages customer purchases.
- Label merchandise accurately and in accordance with standards (e.g., front and back).
- Replenish foods at serving stations.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Take customer orders and prepare food, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Wrap menu items such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Greet customers and answer any questions they may have about menu items.
- Brew coffees, following standards to ensure freshness.
- Ensure trays, utensils, plates, and cups are clean and undamaged prior to use.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as First In-First Out (FIFO) and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments or areas.
- Reduce workplace hazards in storeroom by following safe handling and storage policies and procedures.
- Calibrate thermometers daily.
- Maintain log temperatures for coolers/freezers in accordance with Cold Chain procedures.
- Identify and remove merchandise that is outdated, distressed, or unacceptable in appearance to ensure quality and freshness.
- Organize and clean all food storerooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Maintain the security standards of the food storeroom and refrigerator/freezer.
- Receive and inspect deliveries, check temperatures, check date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots, and store and rotate properly.
- Monitor equipment, including freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date logs for food products.
- Communicate to management and document overstock or slow moving products (e.g., push list) for proper utilization.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, returning items to vendors, tracking rejected items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Allow cleaned items to air dry.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink at the appropriate levels to clean dishes, ensuring the chlorine levels are between 50 and 100 parts per million and that the water temperature is sufficiently hot.
- Collect dirty pans from the cooking line and transport to pot station for cleaning.
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Hand wash dishes as appropriate.
- Ensure water temperature and chemical levels are appropriate to run the dishwashing machine, and complete proper documentation.
- Clean the dishwashing machine, including removing trash and spraying the inside of the machine, cleaning and unclogging the spray arms and jets, cleaning the outer surfaces of the machine, and troubleshoot dishwasher malfunctions as required.
- Rack dirty items (e.g., silverware, plateware).
Maintenance, Sanitation, and Cleaning Activities
- Clean equipment (e.g., coffee maker, tea brewer, salad refrigerator), surfaces (e.g., counters, tables, shelves), table items (e.g., salt, pepper, sugar containers), and work station following MAC cleaning procedures using approved cleaning chemicals, compounds,
- Clean room, including sweeping, disposing of trash, and wiping counters and tables.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments (e.g., sink area, shelves and counters in dish room, tops of chemical bottles, outside of the dish machine, dish room door and walls, bus carts) and display “wet floor” signs.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
- Empty full trashcans, ensuring each can is clean, relined, and covered, and maintain dumpster area.
- Clean and maintain storage and stock areas.
- Clean and maintain sanitation areas and organize cleaning supplies including hanging up mops and brooms.
- Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
- Transfer supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Organize supply rack, including pots, pans, serving spoons, utensils, etc.
- Safety Orientation
Cleaning and Sanitation
High School diploma / G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
1 year related work experience
No supervisory/managerial experience