The Supervisor - Food may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations
or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during
the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote in the development of the food service team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
As a full time Sodexo employee, you have many benefits available: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid sick time, Paid vacation, Direct deposit, Complimentary shift meal, Uniforms, Employee discounts and many more (some restrictions may apply).
Who we serve:
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Neb., offers a top-ranked education in the Jesuit tradition for people who want to contribute something meaningful to the world. Founded in 1878, Creighton is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and
universities in the U.S.
Creighton Dining focuses on creating the “Exceptional Dining Experience” for every student, faculty and staff member. Everything we do focuses on driving experiences that reinforce a positive overall impression. Creighton Dining is a part of the Universities
segment and therefore we follow the academic calendar, which allows you to spend time with your friends or family at various times throughout the year.
Join Sodexo's Creighton Dining
and be part of our diverse winning team! You will receive hands-on experience, training, and development from food service industry professionals, all while working in a fun and safe environment. We have several
different opportunities all across the Creighton University campus, which include Culinary Services, Catering, Resident Dining and Food Retail. Multiple (flexible) shifts available. Based on passion and experience, let us find the right fit for you in one
of the many opportunities Sodexo’s Creighton Dining has to offer.
Any questions please email - Kim (HR Assistant) at email@example.com