The Supervisor - Food may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations
or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during
the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote in the development of the food service team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Implements business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution
through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Core Competencies Needed:
This position needs to be proficient in the following areas:
Drive and Dependability
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for catering services to ensure account retention.
Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan.
Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives. Duties:
Directs daily operations of catering services to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
Directs catering operations including waited table service, bars, continuous break stations and buffet lines.
Plans, advises and assists with menu options and selection and provides job quotes for special services or sales.
Ensures the quality of catering operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, complying with all sanitation guidelines and maintaining area in accordance with state health standards.
Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexho/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and with standards. Establishes operating standards, implements quality
improvements and communicates them to employees.
Ensures certifications are current for facilities.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
• Communication and Influence: Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex, and/or to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic negotiation and influence,
cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Technical Knowledge: Full use and application of standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in area of specialty. Focuses primarily on own area of specialty. Exposure to related disciplines. • Analytical Thinking: The ability to systematically
gather information from a variety of sources, analyze the information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
• Diversity Awareness: The ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals. This includes respecting, understanding, valuing and seeking out individual differences to achieve the vision and mission
of the organization.
• Customer Focus: The ability to provide excellent service to external and internal customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with internal or external customers
that are difficult or upset; reviewing complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint; and treating the customer as if he/she were valuable.
• Drive and Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion when working. This includes demonstrating persistence, heightening personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity; pursuing excellence
for self and organization; having a sense of urgency; and possessing ambition.
• Stress Tolerance/Flexibility: The ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures. This includes maintaining stamina and effective interactions with others under stressful working conditions and maintaining
a calm, controlled, professional manner when facing high pressure and demanding situations.
• Interpersonal Relations: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors. This includes being approachable and taking time to address employees’ personal
and professional needs, as well as client and customer concerns; treating others with respect and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Integrity: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws and company policies and procedures. This includes fulfilling commitments; accepting constructive criticism; accepting responsibility for own performance,
as well as that of the group; not accepting credit for the efforts or work of others; and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
• Communication: The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and customers when conveying information, using correct grammar when speaking and not using slang terms; and targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to
the needs of the receiver.
Supervision: Supervisor provides general direction. Employee independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Work is reviewed periodically (typically at major points in the assignment), and once it is complete to ensure objectives have been met.
Supervision Provided: Manages the daily operations of a unit/department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees only.
Has full Human Resource responsibility (selection, orientation, scheduling, training and development of employees, including initiating personnel actions, such as the hiring and termination of employees, scheduling). Impact of Decision: Decisions are moderate,
impacting project schedules, operations or customer satisfaction.
Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations or customer relationships.
May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Legal Age:18 years old
• Education or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent.
• Supervisor/Managerial Experience: None
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated. Physical Demands: Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as above-average agility and dexterity, and long periods of
walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.