The Technician may work in any type of location on client premises. This individual performs maintenance on various types of machines. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as personal computers, electronic transmitting and receiving equipment etc.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of electronic devices as necessary.
- Orders replacement parts.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Preventative / Annual maintenance per manufactures recommendations
- Troubleshooting burner, controls and ancillary equipment
- Response to hot/ cold complaints
- Cleaning fire/ water sides of boilers
- Performing combustion gas analysis
- Travel to job sites in service area
- Work with planners to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Complete required basic documentation for each call, recording recommendations, repairs, accurate readings and observations.
- Uphold all safety standards and maintain accountability of company issued tools and resources
- Use specialty tools along with a variety of hand-tools, following diagrams or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Work in a neat and professional manor. Leave the customer satisfied in the quality of work provided.
- Perform Boiler watch duties as required
- Other Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance tasks as required
High School or technical school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of three (3) years related experience in building maintenance, plumbing systems, steam and hot water heating systems and low and high-pressure boilers. Regulated Industrial experience preferred (Pharmaceuticals, Hospital, Biologics).
Licensure and/or Certification
Maintains current valid Massachusetts First Fireman’s Boiler license.
Current valid drivers license for operating motor vehicles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Maintains MA "Special to Operate" license.
Knowledge of hand cutting tools, electric saws, routers, tap and die threading and cutting systems.
Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, Joint Commission, EPA, state and national codes.
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
Basic computer skills.
Employee should be physically fit and must be able to carry a 50lb pail 50 feet with no difficulties, climb up and down ladders, bend, kneel, crouch for extended periods of time.