The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on the property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving food from counters and steam tables. Duties will include cleaning work stations.
•Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
•Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo procedures.
•May taste test products.
•Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
•Provides general stocking duties in service area.
•Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
•Brews coffee and tea.
•May be required to restock other beverage areas.
•Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
Vacuum and clean dining areas.
•Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
•Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
•Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred or attending High School.
• No previous work experience required.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, supervisors, Managers and customers.
• Basic food-handling skills
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Maintains a positive attitude.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
• Must comply with any dress code requirements.
• Must be able to work some nights, weekends and holidays.
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and
occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold during support of activities.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.