Within and around designated facility as assigned; empty waste and other materials into proper containers for cleaning, recycling, or disposal. Clean restrooms, floors, and facility using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment. Dust, clean, and/or
polish furniture, equipment, and other hard surfaces (e.g., brass, stainless steel) using the appropriate chemicals for each surface. Straighten and return furniture to correct position after cleaning. Post caution signs to limit traffic when necessary. Clean,
maintain, and store cleaning equipment. Fill cleaning cart with supplies, transport and position cart in assigned area, and return and restock cart at end of shift.
Fulfill obligations as it pertains to the housekeeping position and manager request relevant to housekeeping and facilities standards. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager/supervisor; complete safety training and housekeeping
certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures (e.g., safety and security); adherence to site uniform/dress code required, and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; support workplace
diversity initiatives. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure
adherence to quality, cleaning, and maintenance expectations and standards.
Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow company and department safety, security, and loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow all compliance programs (e.g., safety and fire, hazardous materials and waste program, emergency management program, utility management program, medical equipment management program, infection and control).
- Handle or store hazardous materials or waste according to federal, state, and local regulations as well as Sodexo standards.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property-specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
- Follow all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g., Quality Assurance, Safety, Operations, Human Resources).
- Ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of customers and coworkers.
- Communicate with customers with a professional and polite demeanor.
Working with Others
- Support all coworkers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Clean and maintain property and premises, ensuring all cleanliness standards are met.
- Maintain clean and clutter-free work space, including public areas.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Documentation and Records
- Document and report outstanding issues that need to be addressed to the manager/supervisor after shift is complete.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists.
- Maintain appropriate records and/or documentation necessary for compliance with current regulatory guidelines.
- Post caution signs (e.g., wet floor signs) to limit traffic when necessary.
- Clean restrooms and/or showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
- Empty waste and other materials (e.g., garbage, linen, recyclable materials, cigarette butts, ashes, hazardous waste) into proper containers for cleaning, recycling, or disposal.
- Dust and clean surfaces (e.g., walls, furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, phones, vending machines, elevators, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents).
- Clean floor and/or stair surfaces using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., brooms, mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Return cleaning cart to designated area at the end of shift.
- Fill cleaning cart with supplies (e.g., chemicals, rags, linens, amenities).
- Transport cleaning cart to assigned area and position securely, following procedures for cart positioning.
- Straighten and return furniture and drapes/blinds to correct position after cleaning.
- Polish furniture, equipment, railings, and other hard surfaces (e.g., brass, stainless steel) using the appropriate chemicals for each surface.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
- Restock cleaning cart with designated supplies at the end of shift.
- Make beds following correct bed making and folding standards.
- Buff, polish, and strip floors using heavy equipment.
- Replace and replenish dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels) with clean items.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
- Notify manager/supervisor of need for major repairs or addition to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
Cleaning Equipment and Chemicals
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment when cleaning floors and fixtures to prevent damage.
- Clean, maintain, and store cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, shampooers, buffing machines, and pressure washers (includes changing vacuum cleaner bags and wiping down machines).
Inventory and Supplies
- Replenish supplies by bringing items from the storage area.
- Respond to security codes and report suspicious activity.
- Ensure proper use and security of radio pagers, keys, etc. including signing them in and out and returning I tems to secure locations.